The list of the five best managers of the 21st century has been revealed.
Managers in football play a pivotal role in the success of any team and they are responsible for shaping the team’s style of play, tactics, and overall strategy.
There have been plenty of great managers in the 21st century.
According to Sportskeeda, Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola tops the list of the best managers in the 21st century ahead of AS Roma coach, Jose Mourinho.
Here are the top five best managers in the 21st century:
1. Pep Guardiola – The Manchester City gaffer is a visionary who has forged an illustrious managerial career defined by his firm commitment to beautiful, possession-based football. The Spaniard has had success in Barcelona, Bayern Munich and now Manchester City. Guardiola has overseen a period of unprecedented dominance since arriving at Man City, clinching multiple Premier League titles and domestic cups, setting new standards for fluid attacking football. He is set to win his second continental treble as a coach should Man City beat Inter Milan in the Champions League final this weekend.
2. Jose Mourinho – The AS Roma boss has left an indelible mark on the footballing landscape with his unique blend of charisma, tactical acumen, and silverware-laden success in the 21st century. Mourinho has orchestrated triumphs across Europe’s top leagues. He won trophies at Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Porto and Roma.
3. Sir Alex Ferguson – The legendary Manchester United manager was the epitome of footballing success throughout the 21st century. Ferguson’s reign at Manchester United saw him build a dynasty in the game that stood for a long time. He won 13 Premier League titles, seven of which have come in the 21st century. In doing so, he secured his status as the most decorated coach in English football history. He also led the Red Devils to win the UEFA Champions League in 1999 and 2008.
4. Carlo Ancelotti – The Real Madrid manager has left a lasting impression on the footballing landscape with his astute managerial prowess in the 21st century. His achievements span across Europe’s most prestigious leagues, steering the likes of AC Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich to glory. Ancelotti has won the UEFA Champions League four times.
5. Zinedine Zidane – The former Real Madrid manager has made a remarkable impact in the managerial realm. Zidane led Real Madrid to three consecutive UEFA Champions League titles from 2016 to 2018, a feat unprecedented in the modern era of the competition. The Frenchman also secured several domestic trophies, including two La Liga titles and two FIFA Club World Cups. His calm demeanor, tactical acumen, and ability to manage a star-studded squad showcased his exceptional leadership qualities.